It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:17 am

Loktovar - Rogue 

Post Loktovar - Rogue
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.

Loktovar, Rogue. Aggramar since day one! Well maybe day 3 since the server kept crashing at launch.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.

97 DK, Frost
91 Druid, Resto

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.

Lifelong gamer and bit of a computer nerd, overall fan of science, technology and Bill Nye. Background in IT. Grew up playing football and still enjoy watching games. Became a fan of MMA in recent years. Han shot first and Dredd (No, not the Stallone version) deserves a sequel.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?

Yes, might be late on some Thursdays due to family obligations.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /loktovar/

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?

I have some economy versions of gems and enchants at the moment. I should also improve my shoulders, a trinket and work toward set bonuses. Rings are a tad behind but I am working through the legendary quest chain. Just got 2 pc set bonus but have yet to test drive it in a raid. I have good daggers and combat weapons so I can swap specs depending on the fight.

Summarize your raiding experience.

Raided everything heavily in classic WoW at level 60. Only lacked 4 Horseman, Sapphiron and KT kills before Burning Crusade.
Raided everything heavily in BC, only missed M'uru and Kil'Jaeden kills before the pre WotLK patch nerfed 'em.
Raided heavily for most of WotLK. Burned out during the xpac and skipped Cataclysm and MoP.
Raided some in early Star Wars: The Old Republic, mostly did PvP.
Have missed most of Draenor, some experience the past few weeks with a handful of HFC bosses.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.

Kill stuff 'till it's dead, learn boss fight mechanics, be mindful of crowd control, remember target priority, pay attention to the surrounding environment and don't stand in icky stuff but do stand in good stuff, keep killing stuff 'till it's dead. Spell interrupts are also important and were my least favorite boss mechanic. I did not enjoy the Reliquary of Souls fight...

What is your favorite boss fight and why?

Not Reliquary of Souls. Tank and spanks like Patchwerk or Vaelastrasz are of course fun for me but I also enjoyed fights like Putricide and Mimiron. Putting all that fancy gear to use on a tank and spank gear-check of a fight has obvious reasons why a dps class would enjoy it. The execution fights I enjoy throw some hazards and hurdles at me that don't feel like cheap tactics, an honest challenge to maneuver around while still attacking the boss. Downing an execution based boss is more satisfying than a tank and spank.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?

I usually farmed them myself or with alts. Even kept whipper root tubers back in vanilla because they healed on a separate cooldown than health potions. Consumables are important especially considering how streamlined they've become. it's easier to have those tools available than before. No whipper root tubers, no using 8 pots in a single attempt anymore. I was unprepared in recent weeks to fully dive into raiding, I was level 100 for about one day before I first stepped into HFC.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?

Carpe Draconis during Molten Core and BWL to Order of the Raven during the rest of classic WoW. Became a guild officer in OTR during Burning Crusade. Came over to Expiation along with some other Raven members in late WotLK. I don't recall much of my time Cataclysm, I stopped playing during that xpac and completely skipped MoP.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?

Yes.

Did you read our guild charter?

Yes.

What else should we know about you?

I live with Syome and share some of the same responsibilities regarding her family. Should any situations arise during raid times usually only one of us would need to afk. This has already occurred once this past week and I only missed about 10 to 15 minutes.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

Still a work in progress but it's come a long way.

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.

I do not have any combat logs available.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:27 am

Post Re: Loktovar - Rogue
Good app! Of course we've been talking with you guys about coming back and we've already been taking you to stuff in preparation of this, so the app was more of a formality than anything. At some point you and Syome can hop into vent with Shin and I (and maybe Elly and Holy if he's around...just cuz he likes to lurk and ask crazy questions) just to make sure you know the stuff you need to know. Send us a tell and we can figure out the best time to do this.

Crystallyn

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:53 pm