It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Tenb App 

Post Tenb App
Please fill in the blanks and answer the following questions:

1. State your character name/class/role and provide a link to your armory profile. (Please log out in your raiding spec/gear)

My character's name is: Tenb
My character's class is: Druid
My character's primary role is: DPS
Here is a link to my armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... crank/tenb

2. If you are not on Aggramar or a connected realm are you willing to transfer?
Already on Fizzcrank, Connected

3. Can you make our raid times? We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:00 pm Server Time (CST).
Yes.

4. Are you over 18 years of age?
Yes

5. Summarize your raiding experience:
So this is the interesting part. I was last serious about raiding in WoTLK. I started on Fizzcrank, and our guild was actually #1 on the server at the time (Snakes on a Plainstrider) The GM abruptly quit when he got engaged and that started a bit of a chase. I moved to a top progression guild on Stormrage (Prototype), but I didn't really like the people (very immature and toxic). I belonged to Royal Militia (a top heroic and then mythic guild) on Bleeding Hollow for a number of years. My work/life balance changed so I became a casual raider and ultimatley took some time away from the game. Meanwhile, Bleeding Hollow became a difficult server to recruit to so the guild moved to Kel'Thuzad where they are today (although they stopped raiding mythic now). I did not follow them, i came back to Fizzcrank, and have not joined a progression guild since coming back.

The bottom line is that it has been a while since i was serious about raiding, but I was a good raider then and I believe I will be a good raid team member now. I have continued to play the game consistently, just not with group progression in mind. I am ready to focus no progression once again. I am an extremely low drama personality, and things like sitting out fights, or rotating with others, simply do not bother me as long as i believe it is fair.

Additionally if you have any logs of a raid you participated in recently, please provide the link:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 2352374/17

6. What addons do you use that impact/assist you in raiding?

The addons that I use are:
Tellmewhen
DeadlyBossMods
GTFO
SimulationCraft for optimization

7. What do you believe is your role in an endgame raid? What do you specifically bring to the raid?
I break this into a couple parts, first is being a considerate raider. At its core I feel that good raiding is about being considerate of others time. Be on time, be prepared, don't make the whole group wait on you. Don't hold the group back by not knowing your role. Understand that small things like food buffs and runes are small for a character but its big time impact over 20 raid members. Same with optimizing gear, understanding your class, understanding your role and the utility you bring, understanding small things you can do that makes a raid easier for everyone (Gorefiend's grasp for dk tanks on Coven for example, or stampeding roar usage for druids), really just having an attitude about how can I best help this group succeed and enjoy their time raiding.

Beyond consideration and knowledge is making sure that your performance is up to par. I am very analytical, I like to review logs, I like to see what top performers are using for talents, legendaries, trinkets, etc for each fight, I like to use Simulationcraft. I feel I get the most out of my character given my gear. I also understand fight mechanics and utility and know when to compromise single target DPS for utlity or AoE burst.

8. What consumables do you use for raiding?

During raids, the consumables I use are:
Aglity Flask
2x Potion of Old War/Potion of Prolonged Power
Lavish Suramar Feast
Defiled Augment Rune (or Argus Item equivalent)

9. What is your artifact weapon level? (is it 75+)
My main artifact is level: 75 Feral, 75 Resto

10. Tell us about your recent guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
I am currently an officer in Mayhem and in The Collective, both on Fizzcrank. I don't bounce around much. I like to have some social interacation while I play. I also enjoy helping others. I ended up in 2 guilds by accepting an invite while geting Loremaster on an Alt, I enjoyed the guild, I ending up helping others and contributing on their raid team so they made me an officer. Similar story at the Collective, I joined casually, did some raiding and helped the raid team and others enough that they made me an officer. Neither guild is particularly serious about raiding, which has been fine with me. It is only recently that I have felt the desire to play with skilled players again, and see how far I can push my character with a group of people I enjoy.

Which brings me to why I am applying at Expiation. From what I can see it meets most all of my criteria: 1) On Aggrammar-Fizzcrank. I am done with server transfers. There are plenty of good players on every server now and cross-reealm has solved the problem with PUGS. 2) I want a guild with skilled players, so that when I raid I am not wasting my time with people who simply are not that good at video games. 3) I want a guild that has members that do more than raid, and members beyond the raid team. From what I can see, Expiation has a raid team, plus a number of what appaear to be friends and family or casual raiders. i love that. I had that at Royal Militia and I miss it. 4) Mature group that doesn't tolerate drama or "shit-heads" 5) Players that have been and that I believe are in it for the long haul. I really enjoy this game and I plan to keep playing, I want to be in a guild with a stable group of members who will be around for years.

11.Do you have ventrillo or will you install it? (essential)
Yes

12. Do you have a microphone? (highly desired)
Yes. I have a very good computer, video card, gaming monitor and headset.

13.Did you read our guild charter?
Yes. Very refreshing

14. Tell us a little about yourself:

I am married, have teenage kids, and am an executive at the company I work for. My kids are in High School, and their schedule keeps me at home most nights so I can be pretty steadily available for raids. I am pretty active, I have done a couple of ironman races including the Hawaii Ironman. I have a big RV-bus that we take for long weekends, but mostly to Michigan Football games, we own season tickets and go to Ann Arbor for every home game. I am pretty quiet in raid, definitely not a constant talker. I tend to be "all-business" in that I will discuss the encounters, what went right and wrong, but I don't necessarily go on and on about what a weird day I had.

Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Post Re: Tenb App
Good app! Reach out in game to either Shintorg or Crystallyn (both on Aggy)...if you don't see us on, feel free to ask a guildie to see if we're on an alt.

Crystallyn

Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 pm