It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

V�lk - Fury/Arms Warrior (Again?) 

Post V�lk - Fury/Arms Warrior (Again?)
Note, the below parts, in quotes, are from my initial application.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.

V�lk - ilvl 917 Warrior, Fury/Arms. Aggramar. Hopefully 930+ by the time the next raid reset comes around.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.

I have these alts but I hardly if ever play them, I usually main a single character pretty hard. That being my warrior.
Quote:
Stewker - 100 Rogue, Outlaw/Ass/Sub
V�lik - 93 Monk, WW

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.

See below for the longer version from the old app, but the important updated bits are this... I'm back to play WoW in a more balanced manner. At a high level sure, of course, but not as obsessive as I was back at Legion's Launch. The goal is to make my play dependable and sustainable without either a) my burning out or b) letting it get in the way of other responsibilities in my life.

Quote:
Well lets see, Im a life-long gamer, I can remember playing on an Atari way back in the day and my first real computer had Windows 3.1 on it. Been playing games ever since then: everything from RTS, to FPS, to RPG, to Sims, to MMO. Also Im somewhat obsessive when it comes to my gaming (in a good way!), when I get into something I really, really get into it. Be it a single player game or something like WoW. Im an older college student that decided to go back to school in his late 20s and Im studying for my Mechanical Engineering degree at MSU. Would love to work for a major aerospace company one day. I work construction (mostly finish carpentry, but I can do most everything) when Im not in school or playing games. Also I enjoy backpacking, flying drones, photography and talking about all things space related. Also I like long walks on the beach, like seriously, I do like those.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?

Yup, making those times will be fine. I'll have to take the occasional night off, most everyone does, but overall those should be entirely doable.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /v%C3%A1lk

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?

Well, after not playing for basically 2 raids worth of content you can imagine what it's like. But it's nothing that can't be overcome. Biggest weakness at this point, would just be the overall low ilevel of many of the pieces. Biggest strength? I would love to say something is super strong but unfortunately there really isn't much. I am also a perfectionist and a realist so I'm not going make something up here, but if I have to say something it would probably be that I have one of the BiS Arms legendaries. Woopie at this point in the expansion but it's nice to have still. Most important upgrade? Well, obviously some legendaries, tier, and some higher ilevel trinkets would be ideal.

Regardless I'll be gearing my warrior out to make him raid ready by next Tuesday.

Summarize your raiding experience.

Only thing to add to the below quote would be the stuff I did with everyone in Expiation since my initial app. HFC, EN, ToV, and high level Mythic+.
Quote:
Short summary:

Vanilla - MC, Onyxia, BWL, ZG
BC - N/A
WoTLK - N/A
Cata - BWD, BoT, TFW, Firelands, BHold, DS
MoP - Vaults, HoF, Terrace, Throne of Thunder
WoD - Highmaul

Mix of normal and heroic done when the content was current. I have not experienced Mythic but I do know that Ill be able to easily step into it as good as any current high end mythic player out there. Some ego and optimism (if well placed, and I think mine is) is a good thing, right? I also have experience raiding in other games at a high level, notably FFXIV:ARR. Was in a top 25 or so guild that I helped run, playing up to Turn 5 which at the time was the last and hardest boss. That fucking dragon Also we sold Titan runs for gil. Below I'll link to a couple recordings of some of the fights there.

Titan HM 5-man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgz-wcQeKac (Boss is designed for 8 people)
Turn 4 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgz-wcQeKac

Long Summary:

My raiding experience is fairly extensive, if all over, due to uncontrollable circumstances. Started playing the game way back in Vanilla on the Nathrezim server as a Prot Warrior. Was in a server first guild for many of the kills there. Got that Quelserrar sword, man was that legit From there I actually skipped late vanilla, BC, and most of WoTLK, coming back to the game late in WoTLK. Starting in Cata I transitioned into a mostly dps role and found a guild that was full of great people but we were never able to push very far into heroics, maybe only dropping a handful of bosses per tier on heroic mode before the next tier came out. In MoP I ended up leaving their guild amicably and joined the faction first guild on our server. We did fairly well I think after I joined, considering the roster issues we had due to the backwater server we were on, and were clearing normals quickly and getting consistent progression on heroics. Unfortunately that guild fell apart before the Throne of Thunder released and we were only able to progress on MVaults, HoF, and Terrace. After that happened I faction/server changed and started looking for a new guild while pugging Throne of Thunder but never found one I found attractive enough to hold me to the game, and ended up taking another break until WoD. Upon WoDs released I joined back up with my old Cata friends (they had moved to Aggramar) and ended up raiding some of Highmaul with them, doing some normal and heroic content. I ended up taking another break though from the game due to major SO aggro. Now Im finally back playing, with my mind set on actually making some progression on high end content bosses and make all the hours I throw into this game worth it. If I get the opportunity to join the Expiation raid team and prove myself, Im sure I can find a lasting home here.

Overall, in a general sense, I find myself to be an excellent and quick learner of boss encounter mechanics while still being able to synergize with my fellow raiders and be able to pull numbers that quite often put me into the top rankings for my class/spec on World of Logs or more recently Warcraft Logs. Regularly placing in the 90+ percentile for my ilevel. Ill link to some recent logs below.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.

No change here, the quote below is still my stance as far as what I think my role should be.
Quote:
DPS warrior. Hit shit in the face until it falls over. But nah, warrior is the front line of the assault, that may be a little silly sounding, but Ive always thought of it as true. Anyways, we have our commanding shout ability which gives a +15% health boost to all raid members within 30 yards which can be utilized when called for during phases with high amounts of damage hitting the raid. Warriors also are a fairly good jack-of-all-trades when it comes to damage output. Our talents in Legion are pretty nice and give us a lot of viability in a multitude of encounters. Outside of that my role is to dps as hard as I fucking can, not kill myself, not kill others, and making sure I do my part to make the boss die.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?

Cata Raggy. Still my favorite fight, see below for why. Also it was just fucking epic too.
Quote:
Favorite boss fight? Well there are many but some that I really enjoy are the ones where an individual player has an important personal responsibility, that if he/she fucks up, could likely wipe the raid. I like those kind of fights, because when you pull it off successfully its an awesome high. For example Elegon in MoP, having to kill those sparks, each person gets their own. Or Ragnaros in Cata, killing Sons of Flame to avoid a supernova. Theres something special about those fights that really punish any dead weight in your raid and the feeling you get when you are able to successfully execute those mechanics.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?

My stance on consumables hasn't changed. See the below quote from my old app for my views on the matter.
Quote:
Consumables are EXTREMELY important and I always make sure to have several stacks on me at all times. Flask, Food, and pots. Always making sure to pre-pot before a pull.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?

I'm in Expiation, but I took an extended break from the guild and game to get my life in order. WoW was getting in the way of things and I felt I had to cut it out of my life. Seemed like going cold turkey was the best way of doing it. May have done it differently looking back at it, but at the time it wasn't a consideration. Lessons learned. Anyways, got things straightened out and I'd like to have the opportunity to raid with the guild again. This time in a more balanced manner. Old guild history can be found below.

Quote:
Well, I started off on Nathrezim server way back in Vanilla. Was in a semi-RP guild called Frostreaver Clan, which I ended up co-leading for quite awhile. From there joined a raiding guild named MUR, that guild fell apart due to an internal mutiny lead by the raid leader against the GM. Raid leader took all the best players and I ended up going with them as the offtank (raid leader was the MT). We created a guild called Fury. Raided with them for several months until I ended up taking a break from the game. Fast forward to WoTLK I created a small guild with my brother and cousin, both of which are my age, on the Lethon server, which we kept small. When Cata released my brother and I server transferred to the Runetotem server and joined a guild there where we started raiding BWD, BoT, and TFW. Eventually most of the raid team broke away from the guild due to some internal drama, and as I had become really good friends with some of the people that broke away, I went with them. I raided all of Cataclysm with them and had an absolute blast, and maintain friendships many of those peeps to this very day.

When MoP released I ended up leaving amicably from the guild and moved to a guild named Ninjas In The Rafters, which at the time was the Alliance first guild on our server. I raided with them through much of early MoP and once again had a blast until the guild fell apart after the GM and some of the officers (who were IRL friends) decided to stop playing. From there I transferred to Area 52 looking for new opportunities but decided that I was at a point where I needed a break and nothing was good enough to keep me going. Fast forward one last time to WoD and I joined back up with my old Cata friends and transferred to Aggramar, where we raided Highmaul together the first few weeks of its release, when due to horrible SO aggro I had to step away from the game. That brings me up to today, where Im now single, and ready to hit things hard with a good guild when it comes to raiding in Legion and hopefully some late, late HFC. I am currently in the guild with my Cata friends but no one has been playing this last month and many of them are retiring from progression raiding and Im leaving to join a more hardcore community.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?

Yes, and yes.

Did you read our guild charter?

Yes, I have. It all sounds perfectly reasonable.

What else should we know about you?

I bought a telescope a few months ago and been taking pictures of nebula and other nightsky features recently. Here's a picture of the Orion Nebula I took.
https://imgur.com/A9FdiV9

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

https://imgur.com/a/5L1rc

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 am