It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

Fury/Arms Warrior 

Post Fury/Arms Warrior
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.

V�lk - ilvl 710 Warrior, Fury/Arms. Aggramar.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.

Stewker - 100 Rogue, Outlaw/Ass/Sub
    V�lik - 93 Monk, WW

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.

Well lets see, Im a life-long gamer, I can remember playing on an Atari way back in the day and my first real computer had Windows 3.1 on it. Been playing games ever since then: everything from RTS, to FPS, to RPG, to Sims, to MMO. Also Im somewhat obsessive when it comes to my gaming (in a good way!), when I get into something I really, really get into it. Be it a single player game or something like WoW. Im an older college student that decided to go back to school in his late 20s and Im studying for my Mechanical Engineering degree at MSU. Would love to work for a major aerospace company one day. I work construction (mostly finish carpentry, but I can do most everything) when Im not in school or playing games. Also I enjoy backpacking, flying drones, photography and talking about all things space related. Also I like long walks on the beach, like seriously, I do like those.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?

Yup, I can most definitely make those times, and likely any other evening times that may come up. My evening schedule is extremely flexible right now and will be for the foreseeable future. When Legion launches and at least into the first or second raid tier Ill likely be playing a lot. Like a lot, a lot, lol. After the first raid tier I can see myself still easily making all raid times but cutting back on things outside of raid, at least a little bit. I wont ever let that gimp my play though, either numerically or mechanically. I have the Legion Beta and so far its amazing, so I can also see it keeping my attention quite avidly outside of raids.

Overall you can expect 95% raid attendance from me, hopefully nearing 100%.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?

My gear is a result of taking a break from WoW during the vast majority of Warlords of Draenor. I quit playing 3 weeks after Highmaul came out. Ive only recently returned, and am most definitely ready to jump into things with a competent guild. I have many good friends from past guilds, but most of them werent very good players. Which is fine, I dont judge anyone harshly, but Im looking for more than what I can accomplish with them. The greatest strength in my gear is the Heroic 2-hander I have. Got it from a #FriendshipMoose run a couple weeks ago. Outside of that, not much is a strength at this point, especially since stat priorities changed with the Legion Pre-patch. Stat priority used to be Crit->Mastery->Haste, but now appears to be Haste->Crit->Mastery. So hoping to be able to make some adjustments once I get replacements/upgrades. Ill be doing some SimC runs to look at things as well. Greatest weakness would likely be the lower ilevel of my gear, no decent set bonus, and the lack of decent trinkets. The next upgrade Im looking for is the set pieces from HFC (even though their helpfulness has been diminished with the Pre-Patch) and trinkets.

Summarize your raiding experience.

Short summary:

Vanilla - MC, Onyxia, BWL, ZG
      BC - N/A
      WoTLK - N/A
      Cata - BWD, BoT, TFW, Firelands, BHold, DS
      MoP - Vaults, HoF, Terrace, Throne of Thunder
      WoD - Highmaul

Mix of normal and heroic done when the content was current. I have not experienced Mythic but I do know that Ill be able to easily step into it as good as any current high end mythic player out there. Some ego and optimism (if well placed, and I think mine is) is a good thing, right? I also have experience raiding in other games at a high level, notably FFXIV:ARR. Was in a top 25 or so guild that I helped run, playing up to Turn 5 which at the time was the last and hardest boss. That fucking dragon Also we sold Titan runs for gil. Below I'll link to a couple recordings of some of the fights there.

Titan HM 5-man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgz-wcQeKac (Boss is designed for 8 people)
      Turn 4 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgz-wcQeKac

Long Summary:

My raiding experience is fairly extensive, if all over, due to uncontrollable circumstances. Started playing the game way back in Vanilla on the Nathrezim server as a Prot Warrior. Was in a server first guild for many of the kills there. Got that Quelserrar sword, man was that legit From there I actually skipped late vanilla, BC, and most of WoTLK, coming back to the game late in WoTLK. Starting in Cata I transitioned into a mostly dps role and found a guild that was full of great people but we were never able to push very far into heroics, maybe only dropping a handful of bosses per tier on heroic mode before the next tier came out. In MoP I ended up leaving their guild amicably and joined the faction first guild on our server. We did fairly well I think after I joined, considering the roster issues we had due to the backwater server we were on, and were clearing normals quickly and getting consistent progression on heroics. Unfortunately that guild fell apart before the Throne of Thunder released and we were only able to progress on MVaults, HoF, and Terrace. After that happened I faction/server changed and started looking for a new guild while pugging Throne of Thunder but never found one I found attractive enough to hold me to the game, and ended up taking another break until WoD. Upon WoDs released I joined back up with my old Cata friends (they had moved to Aggramar) and ended up raiding some of Highmaul with them, doing some normal and heroic content. I ended up taking another break though from the game due to major SO aggro. Now Im finally back playing, with my mind set on actually making some progression on high end content bosses and make all the hours I throw into this game worth it. If I get the opportunity to join the Expiation raid team and prove myself, Im sure I can find a lasting home here.

Overall, in a general sense, I find myself to be an excellent and quick learner of boss encounter mechanics while still being able to synergize with my fellow raiders and be able to pull numbers that quite often put me into the top rankings for my class/spec on World of Logs or more recently Warcraft Logs. Regularly placing in the 90+ percentile for my ilevel. Ill link to some recent logs below.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.

DPS warrior. Hit shit in the face until it falls over. But nah, warrior is the front line of the assault, that may be a little silly sounding, but Ive always thought of it as true. Anyways, we have our commanding shout ability which gives a +15% health boost to all raid members within 30 yards which can be utilized when called for during phases with high amounts of damage hitting the raid. Warriors also are a fairly good jack-of-all-trades when it comes to damage output. Our talents in Legion are pretty nice and give us a lot of viability in a multitude of encounters. Outside of that my role is to dps as hard as I fucking can, not kill myself, not kill others, and making sure I do my part to make the boss die.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?

Favorite boss fight? Well there are many but some that I really enjoy are the ones where an individual player has an important personal responsibility, that if he/she fucks up, could likely wipe the raid. I like those kind of fights, because when you pull it off successfully its an awesome high. For example Elegon in MoP, having to kill those sparks, each person gets their own. Or Ragnaros in Cata, killing Sons of Flame to avoid a supernova. Theres something special about those fights that really punish any dead weight in your raid and the feeling you get when you are able to successfully execute those mechanics.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?

Consumables are EXTREMELY important and I always make sure to have several stacks on me at all times. Flask, Food, and pots. Always making sure to pre-pot before a pull.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?

Well, I started off on Nathrezim server way back in Vanilla. Was in a semi-RP guild called Frostreaver Clan, which I ended up co-leading for quite awhile. From there joined a raiding guild named MUR, that guild fell apart due to an internal mutiny lead by the raid leader against the GM. Raid leader took all the best players and I ended up going with them as the offtank (raid leader was the MT). We created a guild called Fury. Raided with them for several months until I ended up taking a break from the game. Fast forward to WoTLK I created a small guild with my brother and cousin, both of which are my age, on the Lethon server, which we kept small. When Cata released my brother and I server transferred to the Runetotem server and joined a guild there where we started raiding BWD, BoT, and TFW. Eventually most of the raid team broke away from the guild due to some internal drama, and as I had become really good friends with some of the people that broke away, I went with them. I raided all of Cataclysm with them and had an absolute blast, and maintain friendships many of those peeps to this very day.

When MoP released I ended up leaving amicably from the guild and moved to a guild named Ninjas In The Rafters, which at the time was the Alliance first guild on our server. I raided with them through much of early MoP and once again had a blast until the guild fell apart after the GM and some of the officers (who were IRL friends) decided to stop playing. From there I transferred to Area 52 looking for new opportunities but decided that I was at a point where I needed a break and nothing was good enough to keep me going. Fast forward one last time to WoD and I joined back up with my old Cata friends and transferred to Aggramar, where we raided Highmaul together the first few weeks of its release, when due to horrible SO aggro I had to step away from the game. That brings me up to today, where Im now single, and ready to hit things hard with a good guild when it comes to raiding in Legion and hopefully some late, late HFC. I am currently in the guild with my Cata friends but no one has been playing this last month and many of them are retiring from progression raiding and Im leaving to join a more hardcore community.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?

Yes, and yes. I basically have every VoIP program known to man, and own three microphones. One on a set of headphones, one on a VR headset, and ones a Yeti desktop mic that I bought with the idea/dream that I may one day begin streaming regularly.

Did you read our guild charter?

Yes, I have. It all sounds perfectly reasonable.

What else should we know about you?

As previously mentioned I have the Legion Beta and if anyone would like to play lemme know. Im currently leveling still as I only got in a couple days ago, but would love to hit some Mythic+ dungeons and raid some before it closes. Legion so far is incredible. What else I have a Twitch channel and a Youtube channel that I sometimes post on. Mostly nature-y drone footage that I edit and some old game boss fights from both FFXIV and WoW on the YT channel. The twitch channel is largely dormant, but I do like streaming on occasion and can see myself doing much more given the opportunity to raid with Expiation. Oh and I enjoy making guild boss kill videos and would love to do so for Expiation. Also, Im a very loyal and dedicated gamer, and love to contribute to a guilds success even outside of raiding, be it helping other players gear, gathering mats, or etc. I would love the opportunity to experience the end of WoD, Legion, and beyond with Expiation. I hope to be that guy the guild can depend on to be there, to perform at a high level, and to kill shit with.

YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/Stewkers
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/disruptive_tv/profile

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

http://imgur.com/a/5L1rc

I plan on making some minor adjustments to button locations, keybinds, and Weak Auras, but thats it basically.

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.

Last edited by Valk on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:02 am

Post Re: Fury/Arms Warrior
If there are any questions I can answer or if there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know. I check this post several times a day. Thank you! :)

Also, here are a couple videos from MoP that I made for my then guild that have me playing. I edited both of these as well.

N Grand Empress - https://youtu.be/4_-3dpGpM7c
H Feng The Accursed - https://youtu.be/wjg7quI7uII

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:24 am
Site Admin

Great app, best we've seen in a long while! Drop shintorg (shintorg#1100) a tell in game and we'll go over some things.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 am

Shintorg wrote:
Great app, best we've seen in a long while! Drop shintorg (shintorg#1100) a tell in game and we'll go over some things.

Sounds good, I'll be on tonight. I'll make sure to give ya a tell. Thanks!

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:58 pm