It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

Syome - Priest 

Post Syome - Priest
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Syome, priest.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
Shadow priest (horde), protection warrior, feral druid, destruction warlock

If you are over 18, how old are you?
Soon to be 30.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am currently living at home taking care of my little sister and mother. I have a sociology degree and enjoy writing. I am a comic and book nerd in addition to video games (naturally).

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
Yes.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ome/simple

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
Most important is my belt. I have a necklace Im working on upgrading and am always aiming for my next set bonus as well as the legendary ring quest.

Summarize your raiding experience.
I began raiding shortly after Blackwing Lair was released. I floated around, rerolled horde on another server, then finally ended back on Aggramar when I was able to join my preferred guild. I raided a few weeks of the original Naxx and played from then on until near to the middle/end of Cataclysm (Firelands/Deathwing raids). I took a break from WoW for a number of years and tried out a lot of other MMOs, including some raiding experience in those as well. I am now back in WoW and hoping to raid again.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid?
Healing is, of course, the priority by far. Dispelling is important as well and, if the occasion arises, mobility assistance (PW: Shield speed boost/feathers or Leap of Faith).
When dpsing, it is my job to keep my dps as high as possible while also paying attention to threat, CC, and dispelling.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
I prefer my boss fights to be big and complicated while also being fairly predictable. Vashj, Kaelthas, Cthun, and the like. They provide a big learning curve but the feeling of accomplishment once everything clicks is like nothing else.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
Depending on the guild I have brought all of my own, some of my own, or none of my own depending on what the guild provided. Consumables are a given for any serious progression content.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
I was originally in a tiny guild called Fighting Dreamers, formed by old friends from Final Fantasy XI. They eventually fell apart in ZulGurub and I inherited the guild on my alts and moved on to Whackdonalds, a mid-range raiding guild who were raiding Molten Core at the time. I left Whackdonalds as they were working on Firemaw because I was fed up with the incompetence and stagnation in the guild. I rerolled on an RP-PVP server and leveled a horde priest and began to dabble in BWL raiding with her when I was informed that a priest spot in Order of the Raven, back on Aggramar, had opened up. OtR had long held the reputation of best guild on the server so I jumped at the chance and was accepted. I returned to Aggramar and went into raiding fulltime with OtR. I stayed with the guild into Burning Crusade and sometime during Tempest Keep was promoted to healing lead. I held that position within the guild until the end of Wrath of the Lich King, when the guild finally fell in on itself due to lack of leadership and falling attendance. OtR merged its remains into Expiation and I came along with a number of old members. I took a break for a few years and have recently returned to WoW, looking to raid again.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes.

Did you read our guild charter?
Yes.

What else should we know about you?
I have several people in my family with varying forms of disability. Sometimes I will need to be late to a raid, leave a raid early, or take an afk mid-raid in order to tend to them. I apologize in advance and will try to keep the occurrences and duration to a minimum.
I also live with Loktovar as he is my long-time significant other that I met through WoW.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.
I do not have any.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Post Re: Syome - Priest
Good app! Of course we've been talking with you guys about coming back and we've already been taking you to stuff in preparation of this, so the app was more of a formality than anything. At some point you and Lok can hop into vent with Shin and I (and maybe Elly and Holy if he's around...just cuz he likes to lurk and ask crazy questions) just to make sure you know the stuff you need to know. Send us a tell and we can figure out the best time to do this.

Crystallyn

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:53 pm