It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Ogdan Application 
Post Ogdan Application
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Ogdan, Elemental Shaman

Do you have any level 60+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
No I do not.

If you are over 18, how old are you?
I am 25.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am from California, but have been all over. I lived in Paraguay for 2 years, and Malawi for 3 months. I recently graduated from college with a degree in Food Science and am currently working in a cookie factory (yum).

We raid four nights a week on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday 7:00pm to 11:00pm Server Time (CST). Can you make all of those times?
I can definitely make the Monday, Sunday, and Thursday Raids. Wednesday is a bit of a challenge for me, since I have a prior commitment on that day. Mostly I am applying so that I can join a guild that has fun raiding, but still takes it seriously.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... dan/simple

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
My equipment is sitting pretty well at the moment, but I am currently facing 2 big weaknesses: first is how much mastery I have (at the moment, way too much for an elemental shaman), second is my trinkets (I could definitely use the class trinket as well as a heroic level one.) The most important upgrade that I am looking for at the moment is getting my mastery down and my multistrike, crit, and haste up.

Tell us about your Talent Spec. Why have you chosen this spec?

My spec as ele is because i have always found this spec to be a lot of fun. I first started playing it because a friend described it as the only class that shoots lightning bolts. Sounded interesting, so I started to try it out.

Summarize your raiding experience.
I have raided for a number of years now. I first started back in Dragon Soul and raided in a top-tier progression guild throughout MoP. I had to take a few month break due to school, but i rejoined about 6 months ago and have since had a good experience with BRF and HFC. My progression currently sits at 12/13 H HFC and 13/13 N HFC.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
As an ele shaman, my job is DPS my butt off. My classes strengths are particularly helpful on cleave fights and fights that rely on burst phases. In a pinch, I can also throw out heals and provide a supplemental healing cooldown in the form of ancestral guidance. Heroism, while not strictly a shaman thing anymore, is still an important aspect to time correctly.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
My favorite boss fight would have to be Iskar. I enjoy the mechanics of that fight and how it plays well to my strengths of understanding how a boss fight works.

How do you handle having consumables for raiding?
I always come to a raid with flasks, pots, health pots (more health than lock rocks), food, and my runes (which is fortunately quite easy now with the empowered runes).

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
I have been in a number of guilds in my WoW experience. The early ones I left because of guild drama (ew). I eventually joined up with progression guilds because I enjoyed the challenge. I recently left Chaos Unison b/c I got put on substitute raider status and essentially became a second class citizen.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes and yes.

Did you read our guild charter?
Yes I did read it. I appreciated that it was actually coherent.

What else should we know about you?
While I would like to join in on the progression group, I definitely realize that my being unable to attend on Wednesdays hurts this. That said, I am a flexible person. I would be more than happy to provide whatever would be needed of me to help out. Simply put, I am looking to avoid drama and have fun.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Post Re: Ogdan Application
Hi there!

App looks good. Though I think you used the app from the example instead of the app template. No biggie...it's essentially the same. However it has the raid times wrong. We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). I think you chatted with Shintorg and he told you the raid times, but just wanted to make sure you knew.

We're fine with you missing a day. We're pretty flexible about that so no worries.

I think you already talked to Shin about chatting in vent tomorrow so we'll go over more stuff then!

Crystallyn

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:38 am