It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

Resto Shaman App 

Post Resto Shaman App
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.

Naleia - Shaman - Vek'nilash

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.

Disc/Shadow Priest (90) - 570 ilvl
    Resto Druid/Boomkin (90) - 547 ilvl
    Holy/Ret Paladin (90) - 543 ilvl
    Destro Lock (90) - 545 ilvl
    Mistweaver/Brewmaster/Windwalker (90) - 557 ilvl
    Guardian/Kitty (90) - 565 ilvl
    Ass Rogue (90) very low ilvl no clue what it is I think he's in a mixture of timeless gear - levled the rogue for lockboxes
    Prot Warrior/Dps (90) very low ilvl - wanted to see what all the fuss was about concerning Warriors and why our old Warrior tank was so squishy
    Destro (90) my newest lock because I was bored
    Frost Dk (90) low ilvl never play this toon outside of the occasional timeless isle
    Frost Mage (90) rarely play this toon anymore, she's kind of just there
    BM Hunter (90) I just wanted a hunter so I could understand the class a bit better

Most of those toons are my profession toons. I wanted to have every profession at max level so I didn't have to troll trade chat looking for something I needed that wasn't on the AH due to being on a low pop server.

I have several other toons that are 85+ and if needed, I can provide you with a full list. You can thank RaF for that and my families need to level more toons just to drive me crazy.
Names and servers can be provided at request. Since this is a public forums (it seems?), I value my privacy and didn't want to list those toon names just in case someone decided today was their day to troll.

If you are over 18, how old are you?

I have to laugh at this question because I have a son over 18. I'm 39 soon to be 40.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Not much to tell. I'm an easy going person. I've been a gamer since well forever really (atari anyone?). Golf...I love to watch golf. Playing it, I'm horrible, but just watching the game is entertaining to me (why I have no idea). I'm a huge college football fan, so during football season, if we're not raiding and there is a ballgame on tv, that's where I'll be.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?

Yes, the days and times are perfect for me.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... a/advanced

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?

Gear wise I believe I'm as optimized as I can be until I get more upgrades, which will eventually come, otherwise, I'm capable of healing every fight at my current ilvl including Heroic Garrosh.
Most important upgrade for me, hmmm, it would be a tie between the Heroic Shield off Malkorok and the Heroic Mace off Garrosh because of the haste on both items.
If you are looking for me to dps at times, then everything would be an upgrade because as an ele shaman I favor Mastery with haste coming in second. For resto I favor crit/haste with mastery coming in behind as long as I maintain as close to 50% mastery as I can get.

I only have 4 items for resto that aren't already heroic level. Otherwise it's just waiting for the random Heroic Warforged gear to drop.

Summarize your raiding experience.

Current tier I'm 11/14 HM with work done on Heroic Siegecrafter/Paragons/and Garrosh (I've made it as far as p4 on heroic Garrosh)
    Throne of Thunder - only 1/13 HM - Priest - Shaman has normal mode cleared
    MSV/HoF/ToEs - only cleared on normal - Priest and Shaman
    DS - 2/7 HM - while current - Priest
    Firelands - 6/7 HM - while current - Priest and Paladin (shaman has normal mode kills)
    BWD/BoT/TotFW - cleared all on normal and I believe one hm kill in BWD and BoT - Shaman
    ICC - Only cleared normal while the tier was current - had some HM attempts, but unless you consider gunship a heroic feat - Priest
    ToC - Cleared on Normal - Priest
    Ulduar - Cleared on Normal - this is where I took a break for family reasons
    Naxx - cleared both 10 and 25 man while the tier was current - Priest

I have prior kills on BC and Vanilla bosses, unfortunately, that account is dormant and since I can't provide links to those characters, no point in listing.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.

My class role is everything. If I can manage to throw out some dps while still healing, then it's good, right? I've even "tanked" the last few seconds of a boss fight (heroic sha and heroic Nor). I'm in the raid to try to keep people alive (myself included).

What is your favorite boss fight and why?

Even though I haven't killed him yet, Heroic Garrosh was shaping up to be one of my favorite fights. The need for the mechanics to be done almost perfectly appeals to me. Other than that - Lich King - the only reason this fight became one of my favorite fights was due to the fact that only myself and our dps dk was left alive for the last minute (before cut scene). If it wasn't for his ability to multitask, then we would have never gotten that kill. At that point it was some pretty intense healing to keep us both alive.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?

I always have flasks/potions/food on me. I even keep extra food (noodle carts) in my bags just in case someone else forgot to bring their own food.
I feel consumables are extremely important to raiding, especially during progression fights, that little exta bonus from them can be what helped push the boss to fall over and die.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?

I've pretty much been with the same guild in one form or another from the beginning of Wrath until March of this year. I was handed the guild in early Wrath when the GM decided he no longer wanted to continue playing. From there we went through some changes, but always maintained a well functioning guild. We (as in 90% of the guild) decided it was time to move off a dying server right before Dragon Soul was released. We went to Mal'Ganis and remained stable until people got tired of DS which was fairly quick. From there the remaining members of the raid team voted to move away from MG and go back to Alliance.
We moved to Stormrage, remained there until SoO. When Blizzard offered the free transfer over to Turalyon, we made a vote and moved due to the horrendous login queues we had on Stormrage. We managed to go 1/14 HM in Siege before the team began falling apart (we were a 10 man team and a relatively small guild). Both of the tanks were leaving (one was leaving at the end of Feb. and the other was leaving at the beginning of May). Our spriest was pregnant and had a toddler at home as well, so she decided she no longer wanted to play. Our Warlock was leaving Mid Feb due to work schedule changing. The remainder of the team wasn't interested in recruiting and having to gear more players and teach them the fights, so the majority vote won and we decided to go our separate ways.

In March of this year I transferred over to Bleeding Hollow to raid with C&E - the team went from 13/14 normal mode when I joined them, to 10/14 HM within 8 weeks. Eventually attendance became an issue and tempers began to flare, the team began splitting up.

I joined a guild over on Vek'nilash just last week. Their raid days are Thursday and Sunday, which worked fine for me. Unfortunately, my Sunday evenings are no longer free due to needing to be elsewhere tending to family. * I can explain further if needed in private*

I hate guild hopping, which is why I'm pretty annoyed that I can't make it work with my current guild. They are a great group of people. I feel horrible that I can't make both raid nights, so rather than hinder their progression by missing Sundays, I decided to look for another guild that had raid hours on week nights and I knew I wouldn't have an issue making those times.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?

Yes and Yes

Did you read our guild charter?

Yes. It explained everything a new recruit would need to know.
Side note - I love your front page. Made me smile.

What else should we know about you?

Not much else to tell about myself. I play video games as a way to relax and get away from real life. I'm a huge computer geek, I own my business (network/computer repair) and do web design on the side as a hobby.
I have low tolerance for stupid. While I won't say anything, you'll be able to tell I'm rather annoyed when it comes down to people being just plain stupid.

Basically in WoW, I've played every role in a raid (I have been a tank/a dps/and a healer). Healing is what I find most interesting and am hoping to be able to maintain some type of healing position in a raid. I have access to the PTR and tend to go there to do some research on my toons and participate on many of the forums for my specific classes. If I have beta access (which I have been in beta all the way up to this new expansion), I'll do everything I can to research as many classes as I can (I'm OCD that way). I'm the type of person that likes to know what to expect from every role in the raid, so I'll research fights, set up my healing add-on so I can monitor tank debuffs as well as any important raid debuffs.

I have been a GM/Raid Leader/Class officer/Recruitment Officer for most of my WoW life and understand the stress those positions can give out, so I do my best not to add to that stress level. Raiding is a huge part of why I continue to play WoW. I don't care if we're spending countless hours wiping on one boss, as long as the team is having fun, raging isn't happening, communication is still there, and even a little progression on the boss is still happening, then I'm happy and will remain optimistic. If I can't have fun with my raid group, then it turns into a full time job that I hate.

I don't get offended easily - I can take constructive criticism very well as long as it's not being raged at me.

I will be the first person to admit that I made a mistake and it will get corrected immediately, which is why I have a tendency to record most of the fights. If I'm struggling with something, I want to be able to go back and look at my gameplay and then call myself an idiot because I didn't do something I should have or because I did something that I shouldn't have. I like being able to push myself in terms of playing my toons as best as I possibly can - that's my addiction to WoW. I'm not critical of other players, just myself.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

Since I don't have a ss of my ui in a raid setting with keybinds showing, I've uploaded a few ss showing what my UI somewhat looks like with weakauras showing and keybinds visible

http://imgur.com/a/qZGUm#0

For the most part, since I use Vuhdo to heal with and most of my healing spells aren't shown on my action bars
Mouse up
Mouse down
Middle Mouse button
Left Click
Right Click
Shift is used in combination with the above mouse keys
Alt + mouse keys are used
Ctrl + mouse keys are used

My naga side buttons are used for 1-10 and I also have mouseover macros set up, so I can use them with my other raid frames in case Vuhdo bugs out
Strafe is bound to my arrow keys since those keys sit on the left hand side of my keyboard

I think the only spell I don't have keybound is heroism/bloodlust because I don't want to accidentally hit that key at the very wrong time.

As for my UI itself, I've found that as a healer and a hybrid class, I need to have most things pretty center so I'm able to just glance and have everything right in front of me.
Since I need to look at health bars a majority of the time, it makes my life easier to have everything centered around those frames. Besides, I like nice and neat and able to read
numbers.

But, I use:
    Big Wigs or DBM
    WeakAuras - I track almost everything with WA
    Inline Auras (just in case WA bugs out so I have some sort of timers on my most needed spells)
    Vuhdo
    Scrolling Battle Text
    BL Raid CDs - my raid cd bars just so I can keep up with all the raid cds
    Skada - so I can quickly check my death log (sort of)
    RSA - It was mandatory for some groups I had pugged with over the holidays - I just stuck with it since it announces my interrupts/cds/etc.
    Elv UI for everything else

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.

These are my logs from Heroic Thok - not the best since it was my first time with that team and no explanation was really given as to what they were doing other than to use healing cds at xyz screeches:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rluy ... 993&e=1397

I have more logs that I can access, let me know if you need them.

Last edited by Kaelysa on Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:46 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Resto Shaman App
Amazing application. It is rather nice to see a well thought out and well presented app. TBH you are pretty much exactly what we are looking for. Drop shintorg (shintorg#1100) a line in game and we can discuss anything you have questions about.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Post Re: Resto Shaman App
Wow...very thorough app! I used to write apps like that (when I was apping to guilds). I like being thorough!

Glad you liked the front page. I'm a little bit behind in the drawings, but I'm getting there!

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:56 pm