It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

Disc Priest app 
Post Disc Priest app
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Lovesalsa. Discipline Priest. Korgath.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
Maleficarum - Elemental/Restoration Shaman

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I like long walks on the beach.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
Yes.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... a/advanced

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
Currently, my priest has decent gear. It's my alt and I haven't run any heroics on it, so it's not the best. I don't have much things upgraded due to the lack of gear I've received from the runs I have done. The next important upgrade I'm looking forward to is finally getting my 2pc. I've had bad luck with tier legs and gloves from Celestials and normals I've completed. The other most important would be getting rid of my Flexible raid difficulty trinket.

Summarize your raiding experience.
Began raiding and playing in Cataclysm. Did a few heroics during BWD. I also farmed trash in Firelands in random groups. I honestly didn't do much. Quit playing during Dragon Soul, and came back for MoP to raid with some friends. Raided Tier 14 in a 10 man, killed first two heroic bosses in HoF then took a break until around ToT. Raided during Tier 15 in a 25man, we went 5/13h. Started getting more serious about raiding during Tier 16, rerolled and mained Holy Paladin in a 10m guild on Korgath. Went 11/14h with them before my perma ban. Took a break and came back in January, RaFed an Elemental Shaman and joined my friend's old guild. Started raiding with them occasionally when they needed me as a healer or dps back-up. Gained 13/14 heroic experience with them as dps role as they went on to be our realm first 10m heroic Garrosh. Most of my most 'serious' experience is from this tier.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
Keep people alive by anticipating damage to preemptively shield to avoid incoming damage. Provide support to tanks and the raid by correctly using my raid cooldowns such as Barrier, Spirit Shell, or Pain Suppression.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
From this tier, Heroic Sha of Pride because of Banishment, or Spoils of Pandaria because there isn't another mechanic in the game like there is in that boss fight.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
I consider them important and they improve raid performance. I typically always have flasks and potions on hand.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
Started off in a guild called Eclipsed on Firetree when I first started playing and raiding. Our entire guild transferred to Bleeding Hollow. Once that fell apart I joined a pvp guild called mongo kong country to play with friends. Met someone in a 25man on Korgath, then I transferred to Korgath to raid with them. The 25man guild, Silent, went down to 10man once SoO hit. Raided with them on Holy Paladin. Came back to the came and joined Feedback, a 10man guild. Still currently in Feedback.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes and yes.

Did you read our guild charter?
Yes, but not the entirety of it.

What else should we know about you?
I go to college full time and I take it very seriously; and that is my first priority.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:
http://i.imgur.com/bd0q2b9.jpg
I use minimal add-ons due to how awful they look in pvp.

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.
No Logs. Lovesalsa is an alt healer of mine that I haven't raided on seriously aside from pugs to gear.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:00 am

Post Re: Disc Priest app
Hi!

I asked you to apply on the forums, I am glad to see that you did.

I have a few questions. Why have you decided to start raiding on your alt? Are you raiding on your main as well?

I was looking at your gear, and it is nice to see that you have the legendary cloak. I would just say that you should make sure that you valor cap each week to make sure that you can upgrade it and other gear that you will not replace quickly.

~Avahnel

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Disc Priest app
A nicely put together app. We're honestly having some attendance issues with our current disc priest, making another (or a new) disc priest once again something we're open to. That being said how is your off spec? You list it as holy. Are you comfortable playing it? Regardless drop shintorg (shintorg#1100) a tell in game.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:22 pm