It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

Kyruel Priest application 

Post Kyruel Priest application
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Kyruel, priest

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.

90 warrior 550 ilvl prot spec
90 hunter through pre-ordering draenor but I only played him a handful of times he is ilvl 505

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.

I recently started playing this game 3-4 months ago I raised both the priest and warrior from 1-90. I started my gaming career by playing an RTS game called age of empires 3 where I hit #1 player in america. I then moved to starcraft 2 where I hit #1 zerg in the nation for 2v2. screenshot of the sc2 rank ( http://puu.sh/9yjJZ/c698d73cd7.jpg ) I played League of legends for a few years and hit top 300 players there. In both sc2 and league of legends I was able to make a few hundred a month but I quit playing tournaments so I could make more time for school. I am really enjoying pvp on my priest Im only missing 1 piece and have achieved 1900 rating so far.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?

Yes

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/aggramar/Kyruel

this mostly shows me in pvp gear and wow armory isnt working. If anyone knows a better site I can use that

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?

my gear is at 555 ilvl atm I have 5 normal pieces 3 flex pieces and mostly prideful after that. I have had a number of flex pieces drop that are weaker than the prideful gear unless i put valor into them. I figure it is better to just put them in normal pieces. I need at least 2-3 weeks of valor cap to upgrade all my normal pieces (i cap every week i just upgrade my pieces too fast to keep up)

im about a week or 2 away from getting the legendary cloak

Summarize your raiding experience

I killed garrosh in LFR on 5-1-14 then i went to costa rica for 10 days came back 5-11 and in the month since then I have progressed to normal blackfuse in oqueue where I was able to top the healing charts (barely by like a tenth of a percent)

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
I was playing disc for the longest time but after I learned holy last week I just fell in love with it.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?

sha of pride. I enjoy all the movement and dispelling

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?

I always have a stack of spirit/intellect elixers and 300 intel food mostly because I like to win on healing meters but I would use them anyway if group was in danger of dying to a boss

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
My only guild has been Death Note Society. I have done flex with them a total of 5 instances across my 2 heroes. I cant make weekends which is when they do their normal raids. They have a weekday group but it is full so I have been unable to get a spot in there.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?

yes

Did you read our guild charter?
yes

What else should we know about you?

I really like constructive criticism especially since I have been playing for such a short time there are still things I dont know about my class and while I do constantly read up on the fights it seems like I learn something new everytime I raid. It has been alot of information to go over about learning my class for raids learning the intricacies of each boss fight for the healing and tanking roles along with learning pvp

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=adk ... 6DpabF2Ezp

and if your wondering, I have the dmg chakra on hidden keybind

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Kyruel Priest application
We talked a bit in game, it is a well put together application. Sadly I don't think for now we can put you in at ~555ilvl and have it go too well other than a few of the bosses. If you're having difficulty finding normal runs on Aggy that fit your availability (which seems to be just fine for weeknight raiding) I suggest you look into OQ and Open Raid to progress your gearing.

Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:58 pm

what ilvl should i reapply at

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Usually >560 ilvl in all PVE gear.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:23 pm

so about 20-25 days later give or take I have gone from ilvl 555 to 561 although I prefer to raid at ilvl 560. This week I led two separate raids through every boss of orgrimmar with a normal garrosh kill at the end.

link to my current gear-- http://puu.sh/a83nA/45bc2aff05.jpg

provided a screenshot of the garrosh kill with healing meters. i usually average between 90-120k healing on boss fights but on fights like thok and malk I have hit 170hps, I feel this will go up when i get my 4 piece set bonus for 225% more healing via sanctuary.

http://puu.sh/a824J/eeab40159c.jpg

my gear is comprised almost entirely of items found in the normal raid + the legendary cape but it has some issues. I have only 3 set pieces; 4 dps caster pieces and overall 2 pvp pieces. I raid with a 528 trinket (which is why i raid at 560 not 561) and a 550 pvp trinket)

I run all bosses on flex and normal each week but still no trinkets :(

I expect to be raiding heroics next week if I cant find a group then I will probably just make one, I rather enjoy leading

on a side note I am now 2k for rated bgs and have full sets of both healing and dps gear for it.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 am
Site Admin

Alrighty. Drop shintorg (shintorg#1100) a line in game. We are coming up on a farm week. We'll talk about how we're doing things in in Expiation atm and make sure you're still interested.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:24 pm