It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

Zotus, Protection Warrior 

Post Zotus, Protection Warrior
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Zotus@Aggramar MS Protection ilvl 561 OS Arms ilvl 548

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
Level 90 Pally Holy- Dant�s@Aggramar : This is my main alt and currently the one I am actively gearing up. Currently 536. The OS is Ret, but I am still building the set.
Level 90 Druid Feral Mondego@Aggramar : I dont play this one very often now currently 526.

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
Im a Canadian university student studying 3rd year physics, currently on summer break running my software contracting business full time making a large mix of different applications for various clients.
I started playing just before TBC came out and leveled a warlock to level 40 , then I took a break until WOTLK and played for a while on Demon Soul as a Tauren Protection Warrior raiding ICC. I recently came back last August, re-rolled on Agrammar ,leveled Zotus and started raiding with him the past few months.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
I can.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... s/advanced
This would be my optimal gear for a new boss; however, I normally juggle the Curse of Hubris with Rooks Unlucky Talisman depending on the fight.
On a farm boss I would switch in Skeers trinket for the Curse of Hubris and switch out my tanking cloak for the DPS cloak. Although, I cant see that happening on many heroic bosses until I have significantly more gear.

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
Im going for an avoidance build. I have consulted the forums and checked with other prot warriors and the crit/mastery build wasnt given much love. I aim on keeping my 2 piece tier set as it is essential. I have a few pieces with more mastery than parry/dodge, but those are getting slowly replaced.
The things I need to upgrade the most are my neck and ring, theyre still flex. The ring is my BiS flex, and the neck needs to be changed to the drop from Siegecrafter. A warforged shield from the Sha or a warforged weapon from Immerseus would be great as well.

Summarize your raiding experience.
Some of my raiding experience is within normal 10m ICC where I raided with <Barcodes> on Demon-Soul Horde. Recently, much of my experience has been in normal 25m/10m SoO.
What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
Tanking, making sure people dont get hit by bosses or adds, making sure I can up my AM while balancing it with an appropriate amount of DPS. As a warrior I also have a large amount of raid wide utility including Rallying Cry, Demoralizing Banner and Skull Banner. With all my movement abilities Im able to move around pretty fast, two Charges , Heroic Leap , Worgen Racial speed boost and Intervene/Safeguard which are all great for add heavy fights.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
If I had to pick a specific fight I would say the Opera Event in Karazhan, just because its a very novel idea for a boss fight. The same goes for much of Karazhan, I really liked the atmosphere of the entire castle and the detail that was put into it. I was never around during TBC, so Ive only gone back and run it.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
Every little bit of damage/health is just a bit closer to beating enrage/not dying. In my previous guild, we once killed Norushen with a Boomy's DoT tick JUST after everyone died from enrage...if that person had a little bit less haste, the DoT would not have ticked once more.So, yes, I consider them important!
In my previous guild they were provided.
I have been pugging for the past month, so I have been providing my own Flasks and Potions. The Stam Flask for harder fights and strength flask for little bit more DPS and Crit(from riposte) . I always use the Strength Potion for the pre pot as the parry/riposte crit it provides is much better than the 12k armor would provide (~3% damage reduction). In terms of food, I keep 3 stacks of banquets in my bags. Additionally, Im an engineer so I keep Jeeves, mailbox, and 5 stacks of Scrapbots and drop one after each fight.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
Back in wrath I main tanked in a guild called <Barcodes> on horde demon-soul where everyone on the core raid team had a name like illlilililil or some variation. We raided 10m ICC together. The guild was well organized and I enjoyed it, life commitments had to make me take a break for a while.
When I started flex runs in MoP I joined <Solidarity League> a relatively new guild created by some WoW veterans. While in the guild I became an officer, raid caller and the MT. I progressed with them up to 10m normal shamans. I left them for a few reasons, but mainly because I felt that the guild was having many core leadership issues. Secondly, I felt the guild was holding me back, I knew I could progress further but was saving my lockouts untill the weekend and trying to get as many bosses in as possible on the Monday.
Since I left about 5 or 6 weeks ago, I have been guildless. It has worked out well as I have been pugging and leading groups on Oqueue and I have been regularly doing a full normal clear every week. I started out with 10mans , but this week and the last I have been leading 25mans.
Once I get my last two slots replaced with normal gear, I will be all normal gear and only waiting on warforged drops. Naturally, pugging heroics isnt the easiest, and I am looking to join a guild doing heroic progression. I have heard great things about Expiation and this is why I am applying.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes and Yes.

Did you read our guild charter?
I did.

What else should we know about you?
I like to look at things in detail, and Im always looking for interesting addon ideas while playing.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:
http://uploadpie.com/mXSCp
Most of the WA icons around the center of my screen have a lower alpha during combat and are click through so I dont end up tunneling too much.

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.
I dont have any recent ones; however I will try to edit my post with a 10m thok and maybe Garrosh fight later tonight.

Fri May 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Post Re: Zotus, Protection Warrior
Here is a log from a 25m garrosh fight I did earlier today.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tu9y ... details/1/

Sat May 24, 2014 6:35 pm
Site Admin

As indicated in game we're a bit full on warrior tanks. GL!

Mon May 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks for taking the time to app!

You really went the extra mile but no place for a tank =S

How is that holy pally looking =o

Wed May 28, 2014 1:48 pm