It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Holy Pally Here. 

Post Holy Pally Here.
Expiation Registration Template

State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
Nartemis DK(Frost/Blodd)
Schman Sham(Ele/Resto)
Kiddken Druid(Feral/Resto)

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
Service Writer at Lexus in Lansing. Going to Davenport in Lansing and from Detroit.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
Everyday except Thursday cause I get out at 8

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... n/advanced

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?

Weakness right now is that I cannot really benefit from LFR anymore. But I know you are requiring a higher ilvl then where I am at. Am hoping to prove my skills will help provide the boost difference from the ivl.

Summarize your raiding experience.
Been raiding since WoLK, but in CATA is where I really got it all from tanking as a DK for Seventh Seal. I stepped away from the game after downing FL and decided to come back to check out MoP. And will be getting the new xp as well.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.

Managing not only my raid members health but my mana as well. Making sure proper mechanics are done 100%. Even if thats not standing in dmg and letting small mistakes kill the raid.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?

My favorite boss was Lord Rhyolith. Reason being was this really tested your kiting skills and your map/raid awareness. This definitely taught me a lot about tanking, along with Shannox as well.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?

I did not handle consumables I was more in charge of making sure everyone was together and online. More of the communicator then the prep person.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave? I have been apart of many guilds and even ran my for a short time. But when I came over from Hakkar to join my irl person and mentor to Seventh Seal was when I really got the full raiding experience that taught me a lot about the game.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes and Yes

Did you read our guild charter?
Yes

What else should we know about you?
I am black and a goofy person. I will always crack jokes to make sure everyone has fun.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:
http://imgur.com/0ol4r4y

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.

Last edited by Narton on Fri May 09, 2014 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Post Re: Holy Pally Here.
I think you should visit openraid.com and get some more gear.

Thu May 08, 2014 12:07 pm

I think that you should log out in the spec you want to app in!! I agree with Holy though...Open Raid is a great resource to get higher level gear.

~Ava

Thu May 08, 2014 6:25 pm

I reposted the link to my toon. I thought I had logged out when I submitted it but I guess not. And I hate pugging with random people. I did that back in WoLK and it was a pain in the ass. And there is only one open flex for SoO. And its a Saturday -_-.

Fri May 09, 2014 8:03 am

I took a look.

There are over 100 SoO Flex events listed and even more that happen in chat every day.

http://openraid.org/events/view/191580 Sun 11 May 2014 9:00 PM
http://openraid.org/events/view/192470 Mon 12 May 2014 10:30 PM

These are just two I found that require 525+ or 520+ and are listed as causal to beginner modes.

We're in 570+ gear. You not going to be able to keep pace with us. You need to close the gap.

I looked over your activity feed. Since 4/22 you haven't killed Celestials which could give you the normal tier gloves and legs. You only have Yulon on the achievement so it seems your not killing Celestials on a consistent basis.

None of your gear is 2/2. Are you valor capping each week?

Nothing here appears to me as "I am doing everything I can and I will do everything I can to be an asset to the raid".

Quote:
Weakness right now is that I cannot really benefit from LFR anymore. But I know you are requiring a higher ilvl then where I am at. Am hoping to prove my skills will help provide the boost difference from the ivl.
I like this thinking. I went undergeared into DS heroics and while it was difficult, we were successful as a raid. But too many times I have heard "I can do it" only to see the person struggle to swim when they're thrown into the lake.

You have logs to back up the talk? ie can you walk the walk =D

Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 pm

I am going to do one tomorrow at 7pm EST. Like I said I dont like pugging for a reason but whatever. Not that I dont want to I just prefer with people I know. Also I didnt know that you guys only had one core. When I was with my previous we have numerous cores (3) to make sure people who wanted to raid had a chance to. And it wouldnt harm the guild at all. I guess you guys dont have that, and I am not hating or bashing for it. I dont want anything thinking I am attacking the guild. I dont kill the Celestial's on a consistent basis because I can never be on when it usually happens. I work Tues-Sat 8-5. So By the time I get home or have other things to do I miss out. And recently I have been capping each week. Like for example I just capped this week yesterday for valor.

Sat May 10, 2014 7:48 am

Other advice would be to become an LFR hero, and work on that legendary cape...what is your progress on that? Working on that does give you a reason to run LFR. The legendary cape will also give you one Burden of Eternity to use on timeless gear, and then will make it a ilvl 535. That will also let you kill Ordos every week giving you a chance to get ilvl 559 gear. Killing one celestial a week and pugging is the type of thing that lets us know that you are willing to improve your gear, and are not looking to get carried. Also, I agree that pugging is painful at times; however there is a huge difference between a 528 ilvl and the 565+ ilvl that most of us have. We do only have one raid group; that is what works well for us. The suggestions that have been given here are basic and doable in a short period of time if you prioritize well.

Sat May 10, 2014 8:34 am

Awesome!

It is huge that you're willing to step outside your comfort zone to prove your commitment to Expiation.

If you follow through you have my vote!

Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm

I have the Crystallized Horror. Now I didnt pursue the cape anymore because I asked around, not here, and I heard it was kinda useless. So I just said ok well I wont chase it anymore. But I dont really know much about that quest line. I will look for a link for it to find it. The Celestials I can almost never find a group to do that. Otherwise I would do that more often. But this week I will try to find a raid to do. And also start my cap to upgrade. I think that would at least help my case. And thanks Royalite. 8-)

Tue May 13, 2014 10:49 am