It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am

Dmetrius Application 

Post Dmetrius Application
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Dmetrius is my character name, Human for the spirit bonus, and Aggramar.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
I tend not to like alts. I over obsess with my main as it is, so I don't feel the need to do more then one character.

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm competitive in a healthy way, an over achiever, and assertive personality. Very assertive. All in all I'm a caring dude but I'm not a stepping stone either. There are very few priests who use to be able to compete with my skills in the class and I'm looking to reclaim that aspect. In all honesty I'm probably one great addition to any progression guild.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
I can request and make appropriate schedule changes if I am regularly raiding. If I sit a lot there's no point in requesting off work when I can be working. To answer the question absolutely, but within reasonable RL circumstances.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ius/simple

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
Generally speaking Stat priority is Int, Haste, Mastery=crit. But Spriest changes priorities based on different circumstances such as the epic meta, haste soft caps, and mobility of the fights. Gemming is really situational. I'm currently using expertise in some slots based on Mr Wizard, and it changes so often it's hard to put together in a short summary.
Current expansion Spriests are not the best dps, but the mobility and added healing make them valuable still.
As far as upgrades I've pretty much worn out flex for my gear and am looking to go into reg or heroic (within reason) to continue.

Summarize your raiding experience.
14,255 achievement points. I'm fond of raiding and learn so quick it's ridiculous. Generally it only takes two minutes of a fight for me to have it and work on a personal strategy for maximizing my dps. Ulduar was where I started as old time disc, followed by holy after the smite change. I'm really not a fan of the changes even though they are very valuable.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
90% of the time it's damaging the boss and staying alive. Using Cd's to keep the raid alive and helping healing with Halo, and Vampiric Embrace. Dispersion is a great ability to use too and can rarely save a wipe when a tank is being rezzed if I can get agro.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Algalon the Observer has always been my favorite. Not only was the design of the fight astonishing but the fight in general was just amazing to raid. It really tested your ability as a raider and a team. Not everyone at the time could kill him so doing so ended up recognizing yourself as an elite player.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
I only use gold on them in an appropriate fight. Potions for bonus damage and flasks for obvious reasons can make or break a boss wipe at 25k hp. We have all been there.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
I started raiding back in Ulduar, with Carpe Draconis, the progression guild. I raided almost 3 years with them throughout until I took a break around Bastion of Twilight. The guild was pretty popular then and was known for having good but not number 1 progression. The guild was a little more relaxed and not as harsh about dps standing in crap. As a full time healer trust and believe we carried half of them. The healing changes at the time were very stressful and made healing more annoying then exciting for me.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
I'm very familiar with vent. I used it daily with the guild raids or just to talk with them.

Did you read our guild charter?
At this very moment I have not. I was referred by an older player and have yet to look through your threads, however I have looked at your current recruit needs and a couple other main hand available threads.

What else should we know about you?
I'm a hard core progression raider. I love achievements and pushing myself to accomplish all things. The moment I started this game I loved it. At first raiding was very rough, but ended up being the best experience of this game. It allows me to socialize, accomplish goals, and overcome obstacles being successful in a sense sometimes we don't get from RL.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:
I use MFclip the most. I use Vhudo for Healing off spec. Obvious dps meters so I can continue to process dps information and get better if possible, and atlas loot. The most obvious DBM for boss raids and abilities.

Additionally if you have any Logs of a raid you participated in please provide the link.
If you really want a screen shot of raiding or dps I can get it. I just need to que for 45 min and pop a shot. You will probably get the idea after checking my achievements too.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Post Re: Dmetrius Application
My UI

My Meter on Sha of Pride normal

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:24 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Dmetrius Application
Good app! Drop Shintorg a tell and we'll chat.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:24 pm