It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

Papercup - Resto Druid Application. 

Post Papercup - Resto Druid Application.

State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Papercup, Worgen Resto Druid.

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
Grumpycat-Akama - 85 human warrior
Uncommon-Akama - 80 orc hunter
Arts-Akama - 80 undead rogue
Relacks-Akama - 80 goblin warrior
Quote-Draenor - 85 goblin enh shaman.

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Jon, I am currently in the process of getting my A&P license to become an aircraft mechanic. I live in the midwest alone with my cat named dude, who i found out after naming it that it is indeed a female.... I have been playing wow since vanilla, i drive a 2005 dodge stratus, I'm currently on a ketogenic diet. Not cause I'm severely overweight or anything, just need to get rid of this beer belly. i like beer. i like cats.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
Yes, I work Mon-Fri 8:30a to 5:30p.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Papercup/advanced

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is [color=#FFFFFF]the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
Really high mana-regen, piece i'm looking to upgrade the most right now would be my chest piece. I plan on spending my next valor point purchase on a new trinket. If I don't get a new chest after the trinket then I ill spend the 2250 points on the 522 vendor chest. I don't have my gems set for a certain healing type *crit, mastery, haste* i just try to hit my breakpoints and gem as mr-robot says.[/color]

Summarize your raiding experience.
vanilla zg, mc, aq20 and 40 up to princess huhu no naxx.
bc raid leader, kara, ssc 5/6, hyjal 5/6 , ZA mount run farm team, BT 6/12 pre-nerf.
wotlk lots of experience, lots of hard modes including freya+3 and TOC HMs.
cata took a break, came back at the end of xpac.
MoP Started strong, if you check armory dates leveled to 90 in less than 24 hours, killed sha the next day, MSV first 2 weeks it was out, but then christmas rolled around and at the time I was working retail so I had to jet. I do have some TOES heroic chieves though.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
Make sure that the healing leather doesn't get DE'd. Just kidding, I know my class' weakness and strongpoints, if you guys need a stampeding roar, or a battle rez or possibly an off spec tranq I'm your guy.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Karazhan Opera Event. All of the fights are fun and you never know until you're there what to expect.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
Yes, I'm always stocked up on food, flasks and potions. Even if the guild supplies them I like to have my own at hand. Very important, an extra 1000+ stat for 20+ sec could make or break a boss kill.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
Last guild was Warpath-Akama currently Warpath (25 recruiting)9/13 (H)688 on wowprogress.
I had a main raiding spot with them earlier this year when MOP first came out but since I was working a retail job and holiday hours started I was missing a lot of raids and told them itd probably be in their best interests to find a replacement for me. I came back and I was so below where I needed to be as far as gear goes that I decided to be somewhat casual. My boss offered to pay for my faction and server xfer to aggramar and I figured I would try to find a new home here. I see that you guys raid 25m and thats what I want, 10m is a waste of time IMO.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
I have both.

Did you read our guild charter? It's terribly out of date and no longer applies, but it was what we used to be.
I did.

What else should we know about you?
My last two answers are short because I have bacon on the stove. I need to go flip it. Look forward to hearing from one of you. even if its to get denied.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:52 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Papercup - Resto Druid Application.
You sound like a great raider papercup. But resto druid why?! =S

It seems all our apps are from resto druids.

We have so many resto druids I swapped from a resto druid to monk. Plus resto druids do not have a reputation of being the stronger class in 25m so we're less incline to stack them (in contrast to our abundance in hpallys).

Luth is the healing officer so it is his call but we have openings for moonkins and healers other than resto druids and hpallys.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:23 am
Site Admin

As Royal indicated our resto druid stable is rather full atm. We do completely agree 10s are not what raiding should be. I do wonder though, as you came from a fairly progressed/progressive guild, why you'd want to xfer to Aggramar. We're the only 25man guild on the server and even the 10s here are fairly slow in getting through content

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:20 am

Quote:
...because I have bacon on the stove.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey Shin, I Xferred to Agg because I wanted a change, the realm I was on although was good on progression was fairly dead, the same people have been on it since launch. Which isn't a bad thing at all, I have made some great friends who I still play with on there! I stopped raiding with that guild because last winter I was working a retail job that required me to be there until 10:30 at night, and with raids starting at 9:00 it just didn't work out. I asked for them to find a replacement and they did. I came back almost 2 months ago and by the time I came back my ilvl was currently only at 480ish while everyone else in the guild was rocking 522+. I wouldn't have been viable EVEN if they did have an open spot, which they didnt. :(

My boss plays on this realm, but is super casual. super super SUPER casual. They offered to pay for my faction change and realm xfer so I took them up on the offer. I figured with a higher pop realm that raiding guilds werent going to be hard to come by. boy was i wrong :)

I understand about the resto druid heals not being as good as say a monk or pally. I wish I could press a magic button that would fix that and make us super viable for you guys to be able to utilize us *resto druids*.

I would app as moonkin and regem but I havn't played balance since SSC/TK days... I'd be a tad rusty and afraid I wouldn't hold up as far as numbers go.

If for some reason you guys DO need a resto druid please keep me in mind. I have not apped to any other guilds cause I don't want to run 10 mans.

Hope you all have a great weekend, maybe we'll run into each other in game. Thanks for looking at my app. :)

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 pm
Profile WWW