It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

Alindrios Guild Application 

Post Alindrios Guild Application
Expiation Registration Template

State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Alindrios, priest

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
3 Death Knights (blood, frost, and unholy); 1 shadow priest, 1 hunter marks

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am originally from Chicago. Have lived in DC for about 8 years. I work full time and am in graduate school. I tend to keep my real life and WoW life separate, so I don't get too particular with real life details. I have been playing WoW since October 2007. I keep pretty busy and WoW provides a fun break in addition to exercise (I like running and swimming) in addition to traveling and spending time with friends. Friendship and relationships are very important to me.

We raid Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
This semester I have class on Monday and Wednesday nights, but Thursday is a possibility. My schedule will be more free in the summer months (June, July, and August). Then I go back to school in late August. I still play WoW in the evenings after class, but I can't commit to 8pm to 11:30pm (my time) on class nights. If this is a deal-breaker, I understand. After raiding a lot in Cata, I understand the importance of commitment and consistency,

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ios/simple
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... /Alindrios

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
All of my gear is purple (IL 483+) except one of my trinkets (IL 463). I am saving up Valor Points to get Soothing Talisman of the Shad-Pan which is best in slot for me (IL 522). I am exalted with all factions except August Celestials, Kirin Tor, and Shado-Pan Assault. I like to do things in order, so I am almost exalted with August Celestials. Then I will focus on Kirin Tor, and finally Shado-Pan Assault. Getting exalted with these factions, especially Shado-Pan Assault, will help with my gear. Running LFRs, especially Throne of Thunder, is also helping with my gear. My strongest gear is my chest (IL 502) and one of my rings (IL 502). My average IL is currently 487. I think getting that new trinket (replacing the 463 with the 522) will raise my average IL considerably.

Summarize your raiding experience.
I have done all of the available ToT LFRs. I have not done any of the 10-person normals or beyond that.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
healer

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Hmm ... interesting question. I need to think about that more.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
I use Mogu Fish Stew for 300 intellect for 1 hour and Flask of the Warm Sun for 1,000 intellect for 1 hour persisting through death. I use either Master Mana Potion or Potion of Focus depending on the circumstances (the former in emergencies and the latter if the raid can survive without my heals for 10 seconds). Yes, I think food buffs and flasks are essential to end game raiding. I am 600 cooking and exalted with the Tillers as well as best friends with all 10 tiller NPCs, so I can make Mogu Fish Stew. I buy flasks on AH.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
As you can see on the bottom of http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... /Alindrios, I am very loyal to my guild. In my 5 plus years of playing WoW, I have only belonged to two guilds (Emerald Knights [June 2009-Sep 2010] and All for One [June 2011-present]). I think I left Emerald Knights (hard to remember) because I did not feel connected to the community, I did not feel as though I belonged. I love my current guild All for One. I met Chrisage, the GM of All for One, in Emerald Knights. After she learned I left Emerald Knights, she invited me to join her guild, and it was a wonderful and amazing time. But all great things cannot last. Chrisage is the heart and glue of All for One, and the pressures of being the GM grew too great for her. She no longer enjoyed logging in to play WoW because she spent more time problem solving and dealing with the upkeep of the guild than playing and enjoying herself. Chrisage has been inactive for quite a while now, and with her gone, most of my friends in the guild have left. All for One, unfortunately, has become an empty, inactive, dead guild. I still keep in touch with my friends through BattleTag, but it is not the same as being part of an active guild. I met Sarabande, GM of Elements, through Chrisage. And through Sarabande, I met Gabriel who has a toon in Expiation. When he learned of my dilemma, he suggested I apply to Expiation.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes. Yes. I use vent for dungeons, scenarios, LFRs, and past raiding (Cata, WotLK, BC, Classic). It's nice to connect with people in a different way using vent. I have the mature language filter turned on in the game, and I don't like profanity much on vent or people being disrespectful.

Did you read our guild charter? It's terribly out of date and no longer applies, but it was what we used to be.
Yes. I like the no-drama aspect of Expiation as well as the maturity level described. Gabriel is a very friendly and helpful guy, so if he represents the kind of guildies in Expiation, then I am sure it is a place where I could fit in.

What else should we know about you?
I usually heal as a holy priest in raids and disc priest in dungeons and scenarios. I solo as a disc priest. Alindrios was originally a disc priest, and I added holy well when duel spec came out. My heals tend to be better as holy despite all the changes to the class over the years. I am 600 Enchanting and Tailoring and have endgame enchants through my reps.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:
I tried to copy and paste a copy of my screenshot several times but was unable to for some reason. I would be happy to e-mail the screenshot if you would like. Just let me know.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Post Re: Alindrios Guild Application
Hey Alindrios!

You're welcome to come in as friends and family but with your currently availability, lower ilvl and the fact we're just not needing another priest, this isn't ideal for our main raid.

However we do run a sunday night ten man that may seem to fit in your schedule more. It is lower key and more causal so if that is more your speed let us know!

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Hey Royalite,

Thanks for your response.

I think trying the Sunday night raid sounds great. So I'll just wait to hear from you or someone else in the guild in game?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Just ask anyone in Expiation if an officer is on.

We'll guild you and have Gabriel be your sponsor.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 pm