It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 am

Virty, disc priest 

Post Virty, disc priest
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Virity - Disc Priest - Currently on Draenor
Acelore - Destro Lock - Also on Draenor

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
I have a ton of alts but the ones I play are:
Jadedlect - Mistweaver Monk - Draenor
Lectricity - Resto Shaman - Draenor (used to be my main)

If you are over 18, how old are you?

Tell us a little about yourself.
Only been playing WoW consistently for just over 2 years. I found my calling in healing and I love it. I started raiding at the end of Wrath, and I've mostly just been healer. I'm also female, recently laid off from my work at home job, and live alone with my adorable cat. :)

We raid Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
Yes

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... y/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... e/advanced

Even though I do not wish to raid on this toon anymore, here is my old main:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... y/advanced

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
I ran LFR last night and got quite a few upgrades. She's a fairly new 90 so she's not too badly geared for being fresh. Most of the gear is fairly even and any upgrades for the blues would be well worth it! Shoulders and rings tend to be the hardest for me to obtain for some reason though. :)

Summarize your raiding experience.
I started raiding at the end of Wrath, so ICC. I have experience in normal and heroic modes for Firelands and Dragon Soul. For MoP raids, I cleared all normal modes through Sha of Fear on my shaman. I've killed a few heroic bosses, but not many. I recently took a short break from the game so I have yet to see the newest raid. I've mostly healed through all these raids, even though I did fill in as dps when needed (even though my dps wasn't that great).

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
As disc priest, mostly aoe heals or keeping one specific person (i.e. tank) alive for whatever reason necessary. Use CD's when needed/called for.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Tsulong, mostly because it took me a while to realize why my healing wasn't as high as everyone elses. Then I figured out about the buff and I do fairly well on it now. :)

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
I always have them handy if possible. My priest is an alchemist and I've been stocking up on mats so I can have plenty of flasks and what not.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
Most of my raiding history was spent with Depravity on Undermine. I was there through firelands and part of dragon soul. Then I transferred to Discord on Draenor and finished Dragon Soul. I actually ended up transferring back to Depravity before MoP because they needed a healer, but ended up leaving them because they weren't raiding often enough. I went back to Discord, but I recently left them because I hardly got any raid time. I was more or less a back up healer/dps. Since I haven't really been into my shaman lately, I leveled another Disc Priest and would like to make her, or my warlock, my main for raiding.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes on both accounts

Did you read our guild charter? It's terribly out of date and no longer applies, but it was what we used to be.
Truthfully I was unable to find what you were talking about. Otherwise I would have read it. :D

What else should we know about you?
I'm looking to raid as healer on my priest or dps on my lock. I recently just went through some things and need to start out fresh somewhere, and that includes a new main character. I'm just not into the shaman anymore, no matter how hard I try. I'm rather quiet around new people at first, especially on vent, but once I get comfortable I tend to open up more. I learn quickly and listen well to directions. Just tell me what I need to do, and I'll be fine. I've been working on getting both the priest and lock geared, and they are relatively fresh 90's so they are doing well so far when you take that into consideration. As of right now, since I am unemployed, I'm on and off a lot throughout the day and late into the night. I'd also like a shot at challenge modes at some point as well. :D Since I am currently unemployed, I would only transfer my character(s) if I'm accepted. I would be willing to move both the lock and priest as well, since they both have profs I'd like to have handy. I'm flexible so whatever is needed, I can normally help with.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:
http://imgur.com/mj7j3Rh

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Virty, disc priest
A few things. Wondering how did you come across Expiation? Also why ypu feel we'd be a good fit? As your experience is all in 10s and we are 25s. A few other things, but the simple stuff first.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I apologize. I guess I didn't specify that I do have experience in both 25m and 10m, but most of the time the guild I was in didn't have people show so we would end up going back down to 10m. I actually much prefer 25m. I find them more fun.

I came across Expiation on the forums. I was going through different servers to find something and this guild caught my attention. I would like to get back to 25m raids and for some reason this guild stood out. I think it would be a good fit because I've cleared all of normal on 10m so I know what to expect with most bosses.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm
Site Admin

Alrighty Here's how things stands for now. Not trying to be mean or offish, just being honest. Your gear, as you know, on the priest or lock is not quite rady to jump into current content. 5.2 is out however and w/just a bit of time and effort gear up is silly fast and easy. Weapons and trinkets can still be an issue, but even they don't seem as rough as they were. So in a couple weeks you can easily be 487+ on either (both) toon(s), then they would be in a much better place to join. Honestly it is up to you if you'd prefer heals or dps, we do have room for either

There I also the reality of 25mans and how we staff them. We need more than 25people to make sure we can raid when we want to raid. Not everyone has a guaranteed 100% availability, even then things come up. So in an ideal world we actually have 30+ people online at raid time. We try to rotate people in for play time and drops they want. 5.2 is a bit rough so it's all progression atm, so swaps are based on what we think will help make the encounter go better. First boss was a silly easy loot pinata. Second is a great learning experience. We're not currently running MV, HOF or TES on raid nights; that may change, but for now it's been all ToT. Regardless there is sitting that happens. Proven good and reliable players have a lot more say on play time than unknowns, that is reality.

So let us know your thoughts at this point.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 pm