It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Mellack's App 

Post Mellack's App
Let me start by saying hello to all of you,

State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Mellack, ilvl 490 Warock, and I'm local to Aggramar, ~65-75 kdps buffed single-target

Do you have any level 80+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
I don't have any 80+ alts. I start a lot of them but always end up back focusing on my lock.

If you are over 18, how old are you?
I'm 25.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I've got a good sense of humor, patient, easy going, and generally get along with everyone. In real life I design electronic devices for planes which is incredibly fun. I have a fiancee named Terra who works night shifts and were getting married in August.

We raid Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:30 pm Server Time (CST). Can you make this time?
For the most part yes,
I work on the west coast so i'll be a little late as I don't get off work until ~7pm server and its a 10 minute drive home. My fiancee also works nights so when she has her two nights off I typically wont be available to raid. However, I will know which nights I will be available up to a month in advance so I can let you know for sure if I will/wont be at a given raid. If I hit accept on a raid I will be there baring a plane crash.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Mellack/simple
or if you prefer wow-heroes:
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Aggramar/Mellack/

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
To start with the obvious, the left side is weak as i still have 483 head/shoulders/bracers/cloak. Beyond the obvious, I've played around with a lot of spec/reforge builds and affliction seems to be the way to go for single target damage. I've ran a few runs at a test dummy and haven't noticed significant returns from any sort of crit so I would also be looking to remove some of the 489/496 pieces of gear which have base crit to get the extra stats, although I would never take a 496 non-crit item over someone who had a lower gear score item (not a greedy guy).

Summarize your raiding experience.
Original I was an officer in a raiding guild although we didn't get very far. I think we downed everything but ragnaros in MC and a couple bosses in BWL and AQ (differnt lock).
Burning Crusade I re-rolled a lock on aggramar to play with a friend (who quit the game). I played a lock/his druid(healer)/his mage in a raid guild which I can not for the life of me remember the name of (not OOTR). We cleared gruuls/ssc/tempest, hyjal 4 bosses, black temple 3 bosses before the end.
Wrath- I quit for a while due to college but came back and did Nax(10)/(25)/(10H)/(25H)/Ulduar(10)/Ulduar(25) although I didn't have a raid guild association then (I miss the LFR system which helped find good players rather than put you in a gimped version with random people back then). I quit again due to slipping grades at the beginning of arena launch.
Cataclysm-on/off, a little bit of the raids through firelands, not much
Current- MSV 4/6, haven't gone with a serious raid group

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
I think the first role of dps is to limit damage taken in any way possible by dodging mechanics, using cool downs correctly, using health pots/stones. The second and more obvious objective of DPS is to maximize damage to the boss to hit enrage timers or get the boss down to make it easier on healers/tanks.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Tough one. Kaz'rogal in Hyjal. Partly because it's a type of fight that doesn't exist in the game anymore but was a lot of fun. It had a whole lot of elements to it, requiring the entire raid to collect shadow resist gear to a high level just to be able to survive it. It involved fighting off waves of mobs before hand and was the last fight I got to do Lock tanking in (gargoyles). I remember having to switch between three sets of gears inbetween agro building up to the fight all while micromanaging dps and making sure me and the other lock split agro. The fight itself was fun because we actually needed to conserve Mana and avoid life tapping since the boss constantly drained mana. Presented a fun challenge which required digging deeper into the bag of tricks to keep mana/life up. It also mattered what types of classes you had and each class had their own niche role/requirements rather than dps/healer/tank.

How have you handled consumables for raiding in the past? Did you consider them important?
I have 20 flasks and 20 banquets on me at all time (of the 20, as many Pandaren banquets as possible). I believe in doing everything possible to maximize effectiveness and that includes coming stocked/repaired to raids.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
Some of this is covered in raid exp so I wont bore you. For this expansion pack I went without a guild to 90 and ilvl 480 when I joined space balls. They are a fun group of guys but they have high turn over on their raids and the musical chairs is causing them to miss raid times and regress. I've been doing MSV10 for about 2 months now with them to try and help get them going but it was never a real challenge to me and I'd like to move into something which will challenge me.

**side note: Just so you know I'm not just bailing on them without letting them know (this is a huge pet peeve of mine). I already let the guild leader/officers know I was going to app here, they were bummed but understood. I tried helping them get going for a long time but it looks like they are going to regress again and I believe in leaving things in good standings.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes, Yes

Did you read our guild charter? It's terribly out of date and no longer applies, but it was what we used to be.
No I haven't, I looked breifly after reading this but couldn't find it. Would love to read it though.

What else should we know about you?
I'm patient, rarely make mistakes, don't mind wiping, and if I do make a mistake in a raid I learn from it the first time. I can take a joke and have a good sense of humor and judging by your create an account questions you do too.

Added a recount pic while joining a sha group of hitting the dummy for a bit. Was self-buff only and over 4 minutes so the initial 86k-90k when all buffs/soulshards are going wasn't misleading :).

I have been thinking of changing my ui though.

Please attach a screenshot of your user interface:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Mellack's App
Drop Shintorg a line soonest. ;) May be on an alt, but folks in guild know can find me!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 am