It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 EXAMPLE APP 
Post EXAMPLE APP
State your character name, class and server if you are transferring.
Notic, Paladin, transfer from Mal'Ganis. (Although I have already transferred to play with a friend of mine who is in the guild. [Obadiah])

Do you have any level 60+ alts? If so, please list their classes and spec.
One. Xaramai, Shaman, Elemental atm but once he gets to 80 whatever would be needed.

If you are over 18, how old are you?
Haha. The infamous age question. I am 31.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am the oldest of 9 kids, from Texas, a youth minister, and married to a beautiful woman for just over a year now.

We raid on Tuesdy, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00pm to 10:00pm Server Time (CST). Can you make all of those times?
I can usually make raid times although I am honestly posting a casual raider and primarily interested in joining to play with Obadiah and help the guild out in any way that I can.

Provide a link to your armory profile. Please log out in your raiding gear!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Notic

Tell us about your gear. Such as what are the weaknesses and strengths? What is the most important upgrade you are looking for next?
I know that my char is sitting in just about the best gear possible outside of Ulduar gear. As far as upgrades go, my head piece, belt and one of my rings would most likely be the most "needed" upgrades.

Tell us about your Talent Spec. Why have you chosen this spec?
I am currently Ret specced and chose this spec to better help out what some of the people I was playing with were needing. I played a prot pally in BC and have the defense cap in my prot gear but didn't get much of the upgrades since the majority of things I was running back on Mal'Ganis were pug's, etc.

Summarize your raiding experience.
I played Horde for almost 3 years before The Burning Crusade came out and was a non-healer raider during that time in a guild that had Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Quiraj 20 & 40 on farm and 14/15 of Naxxramas on farm pre-BC. In BC I rolled with a Resto Shaman and Prot Pally that had Tempest Keep, Serpentshrine Cavern, Black Temple, Mount Hyjal, and Zul'Aman on farm. Since Wrath has come out I have currently been through all of Naxxramas on both 10 and 25 man and Eye of Eternity on both 10 & 25 man. I have not yet been to Ulduar.

What do you believe is your class role in an endgame raid.
As Ret spec my job is to put out as much dps as possible while helping to be a "mana battery" to others without pulling aggro. As Prot spec my job is to hold threat as is need (being OT of MT etc) and being a meatshield. As Cleric my job would be to heal others in my raid as is needed. Above all I believe it is my job, and every other person's job as well, to be situationally aware at all times and to be ready to act at any given time.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Haha. Favorite boss fight of all time would have to be a toss up between Quel'thalas and Lady Vash'j simply because there was so much going on in those fights and it took serious concentration to get everything done.

How do you handle having consumables for raiding?
I have always been prepared for raids regarding consumables. I always carry pots, flasks, reagents and drinks no matter if we are going to head to a 10-man which has been on farm for months or new 25-man content.

Tell us about your guild history. Where have you been, where are you now, and why did you leave?
Our guild broke up do to drama with the main tank and drama with smaller guild size and I moved to Alliance to play with some real life friends.

Do you have ventrillo? Do you have a microphone?
Yes. Yes.

Did you read our guild charter?
Yes and the vocabulary in it is actually quite good. It is nice to see a charter that for once isn't spelled wrong every other word and uses words larger than "pwn" and "roflmao".

What else should we know about you?
I am apping to be a "casual" raider as Obadiah has instructed me to do so. As stated previously, I know Obadiah in real life and he asked me to app. I really do enjoy WoW and have been an avid player for 4+ years now. I usually play a healer or tank class and am relatively good at what I do. I am very situationally aware and always come prepared. Thanks for reading the app and I hope I wasn't too terribly long-winded. (Youth minister. /insert random laugh here.)

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 pm
Post Re: Notic
Its refreshing to see a very nicely done application. ;)

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:03 am
Site Admin

Amazing app. As FnF (friends and family) we'll gladly take ya regardless. As for the casual raider we are looking for a ret paladin, just contact us about how casual you want to be and that will determine where we go beyond fnf.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm

We've guilded Notic and still hope his schedule settles down so that he can raid with us.

I'm leaving this up so that people considering apping can see the kind of app we like to see. Notic took the time to answer the questions and put some thought into his responses.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]