It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

Weird Al's a bit of a grammar nazi 

Post Weird Al's a bit of a grammar nazi
As a bit of a grammar nazi myself, I love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Parody of Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Post Re: Weird Al's a bit of a grammar nazi
It was pretty amazing :) We have been listening to it all week. He has had a new video every day this week on his website. Gotta love Weird Al!

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Post Re: Weird Al's a bit of a grammar nazi
I knew he was putting out a bunch of videos but didn't know he was doing 8 days of 8 videos. You can see the rest on weirdal.com

Looks like the first four are parodies. (I like Lorde's Royal, so I totally dug the parody "Foil") and the "Tacky" one has great lyrics (and outfits!) and I think it's better than the original ("Happy")

I like "Handy" but I had never heard "Fancy" which it was parodying (that "Fancy" song sucks...Weird Al definitely improved it).

Weirdly I didn't like the Sports Song much, which is odd because I used to do marching band in high school and college. I was never a fan of the classic "fight song" so maybe that's why.

I totally dug "First World Problems" though. It's so true. I mean we all have them (doh, our internet went out during raid...waaaaaah!)...though the song totally reminds me of this guy I went to high school and college with. He got mad at me when I commented on his Facebook post where he complained he had to wait two weeks for the new iPhone with "*cough* first world problems *cough*". He didn't find that amusing and chewed me out so I unfriended him. So happy I did because all he was ever like was "me, me, me". Anyway, that song made me chuckle because it's just so true.

I thought the Mission Statement song was pretty clever. Though were they making a statement with the style of music? Like hippies that sold out?

Anyway, he's a clever guy. I think Word Crimes is my absolute favorite.

Though another one of my favorites is an older one of his: "White & Nerdy"...if people haven't seen that video, they should.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:05 pm