It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

Missu, my cat. 

Post Missu, my cat.
Missu, is the best cat in the world. he sleeps at night, and plays all day. but today, i looked something up that scared me :(. my cat, based on the chart below, is 60 years old (in cat years), which scares me. let me tell you about my cat.

2 human years = 24 cat years
4 human years = 35 cat years
6 human years = 42 cat years
8 human years = 50 cat years
10 human years = 60 cat years
12 human years = 70 cat years
14 human years = 80 cat years
16 human years = 84 cat years

we found Missu as a kitten hiding in the bar-b-q. He was starving, you could see from his form that he dident have the proper nutrition, so we placed a bowl of milk outside at least 3 times a day. soon enough, we brought the cat inside to meet the rest of the family, including my English Bulldog at the time, "Luna". i wrapped him around in a blanket, and i knew he loved it because he began to purr.....he trusted us. Missu was a very smart cat, as soon as he was big enough, he would jump up and open the garage door, which was his favorite hiding spot.

As the years went by, and things changed, Missu stayed the same. always loving and always excited to see us after a long day of being alone. He would always have the neighboring cats come see him through the sliding glass door and they would just stare at each other for at least 2 hours. I love Missu, and i wish he could live forever, but i know time is running out, so i'm gonna try my best to make him the happiest cat in the world till that day comes.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Post Re: Missu, my cat.
What a cute cat! (such big eyes!)

I just recently put a cat down...Miaou was somewhere around 20 (so maybe 90 or 100 in people years?) I got her 8 years ago from some neighbors who were essentially neglecting her. That's why I'm not sure how old she was...at the time I was told 12-14 so she could have been as old as 22 when she died. She just eventually stopped eating and drinking....got very skinny. Eventually I knew her time was soon and I didn't want her to suffer. A few years ago one of my cats died at home at the age of 14. She seemed to be suffering at the end and I didn't want Miaou to go through that. Even though I was mentally prepared for her to go at some point, I still bawled when she was euthanized (I was right there with her, petting her). Now I have two left...one is about 12 and the other maybe 16? So they're both up there, too, so it's possible I may lose both soon as well.

I guess the big thing is to love them when you can because you don't know how much time they have left (though I guess the same can be said about the people you care about, too). At least for the cats I have had, I'm pretty sure they're happier having been with me. I helped Miaou leave a neglectful situation and brought her into a home full of love. Two cats I've had were strays, so I essentially saved them, too. One was a shelter cat. So yeah, I just try to enjoy them when I can and when they're gone, you have the memories and the knowledge that their lives were probably better off because you were in it and because you loved them!

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 am

That took a dark turn

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:01 am

I love amininimals! Your feline friend is adorable. Cats require spoiling :)
My Aunt had an Indoor/Outdoor Cat that lived to be 19 human years. Crazy!

There are/Were my kitties!

Sweety Top Left RIP :( - 14
Basket-Case Top middle Also RIP :( - 16
Lou Kitty Btm left Alive & Well - 5
Lady Montaque Btm Right also alive & well - 6

Basket Case was my favorite cat ever, he lived for a long time, til one tragic day his body gave way, and lung collapsed and died in my arms :(
We had to let sweety go cause she wasn't able to keep anything down, much rather they go peacefully that way :(

However monty is the weirdest cat ever, she uhh, well she just waltzed in the front door haha She also knows "Shake" & "High Five"
Lou Kitty is a rescue, he's a big lap cat, but chases the dog around the house.

Lol.... Igor Turns 2 at the end of this month! :)

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:54 am