It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

Nice Work 
Post Nice Work
Website looks great Shin. So I take it there is finally a phpBB connector to Jooma, nice.

Also heres a little redirect code you can place in your root web-directory as "index.html" to auto redirect folks to the Joomla page when they just type in http://www.expiation-guild.org

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Expiation Guild Website</title>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
window.location="http://www.expiation-guild.org/joomla";
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p></p>
<p>You should have been redirected to Expiation's new home page if not</p>
<p><a href="http://www.expiation-guild.org /joomla">Click Here</a></p>
</body>
</html>

Good raiding!

-Jeff

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:58 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Nice Work
JFusion! It's not "production" quality, but hit bridges decently. Tried Fireboard for many, many, frustration days. Night came across this and did all the leg work on it! Hey so did you write the WoW Item tag mouseover, or did ya just find one? Lookin for one atm. Figure there's many out there.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi Amalie,

Thanks for the kind words. I've put the redirect up.

Yes... we are using jFusion to bridge to the phpbb forum. We couldn't set tiered permissions in fireboard so any applicant once registered to post was able to read every thread. We wanted to have a member sections. Well... I take that back... the directions for fireboard SAID you could have tiered permissions but in practice, it just didn't work.

jfusion is still alpha and suffers mostly from important steps left out of the installation directions which meant after the initial install we were not only locked out of the forums but couldn't get back into Joomla's admin either. It was ugly for a few hours, but once we fixed that we haven't had any further problems. Well other than annoying the heck out of people because they are having to register again. On install, you can pull folks registered for your forums into joomla but doesn't take them from joomla to forums.

Anyway. Hope you are doing well. Heard you are getting hitched. Grats!

Nightmusic

Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:29 pm
The mouse over linkage widget is a code hack of phpbb called ItemStats. The hitch is that it doesn't support phbb3 yet officially, 1.0 and 2.0 it does and at the time we were using a beta release of phpbb3 so I had to dink around with the php code in several files to get it to work. Did a quick google and looks like someone has a developed a decently documented work-around.

Linkage:

ItemStats
Workaround/Install

Edit:

Looks like there is a legacy plugin for itemstats + joomla 1.0 as well that enables itemstats in any joomla wrapper, seems some have gotten to work with 1.5, many others not so much

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:40 pm
Site Admin

Got something working. :)

[Tempest of Chaos]

a really neet thing in this too <Shintorg>

Thank you Night for makin the code I found work.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:50 pm
kewl

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:51 pm